[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Rosebud

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Wed Jul 7 06:38:26 EDT 2004

Tex,

I just have to express my sorrow at hearing of the passing of Rosebud across
The Bridge. Being fairly new to piggies, I have not yet had the fortune to
share a whole 7½ years with a pig, and I can hardly begin to imagine the sense of
loss you must be feeling. I guess it can be tempered only a little by the
knowledge that, as you say yourself, she had a good, long life. I am certain
that, having lived her entire life in a family such as yours where piggies play
such a prominent role, she will have wanted for nothing and experienced as much
love as any pig possibly could do.

I am glad, for your sakes and hers, that her passing happened quickly,
quietly and peacefully. It's how we would all wish our piggies to go, and I bet she
couldn't wait to get across that Bridge once she caught a glimpse of her whole
family there ready to welcome her. We all know they are in good company, as
we all have precious friends like them who are waiting there for us amongst the
luscious grass and abundant dandelions. I hope they are taking care of the
two little nameless stillborn babies I told you about that slipped silently
through our own hearts here at the weekend - I am sure they will be. I hope it was
not too painful for you to receive pictures of their newborn siblings the
very day your own precious baby of  7½ years ago said her final good-byes.

I guess no guinea pig life will ever really be long enough for we slaves who
are left behind. All we can do is feel grateful for the short time we have
been able to share with them, and the deep love they have magically brought into
our lives.

Run free, sweet Rosebud, and know that you will never be forgotten.

Debbie (and her 21 "Dolly Mixtures")