[Gpdd] HEALTH - Critical Care Feeding

grace ramp gracetheface at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 10:22:22 EDT 2004

Our piggie, Pork Chop, had an ear infection and we took her to the vet and got an antibiotic.  She seemed better, but suddenly stopped eating.  After a day of that, we returned to the vet for instruction on critical care feeding.  This has been going on now for 2 weeks and it has been a nightmare.  Sometimes she will take it without any fuss but usually it takes two of us to get her to take one syringe.  She throws piggie tantrums and squeals like she is being murdered.  Thank you so much for suggesting the pumpkin pie filling.  I'm going to get some today and really hope that it improves feeding time.  She has just started to eat her regular food again, but I don't want to stop the syringe feeding because she is looking really thin.  We had her out for some floor time yesterday for the first time in over a week and she really loved it.  She was running around like crazy.  I hope this is a sign she is feeling much better.  Thanks again for all the help from the digest.