[Gpdd] [CARE] <dog crates>

CSRep12 - Teray CSRep12 at musicalheritage.org
Thu Jul 8 13:14:47 EDT 2004

My many thanks to everyone who let me know what to do about my piggy piggies
and the dog crate. I have put up the wooden planks and it seems to be
holding up well. So thanks again!
Also, I have been potty training my darlings although I am sure they are not
aware of it. :)
I noticed, a while back, that Flower and Hampton only poo in their wooden
house. So I had an idea. I bought a high-backed square litter pan (that is
used for ferrets), filled it up with Carefresh (to differentiate the smell
between live-in bedding and poo bedding), and placed their house on top of
the bedding inside the pan. Lo and behold, the plan has worked. My sweeties
now only poo inside of the house on the bedding and makes cleaning a lot
easier.One day I may try to get them to use just the pan but until then,
we're fine.
I would also like to say that the reason I am using CareFresh for the litter
in the pan is because it is great for smell. I think I may use Yesterdays
News but I worry about my babies tootsies. Is there any other kind that I
may use?
One last thing, and I do apologize for the long post. What are corn husks? I
have seen the ones you can get for wild birds in the pet store. Can you use
that for guinea pigs? Or should I just get some corn from the store and use
that? Am I s'posed to take off the hair and leaves or leave them on? Thank
you again for any and all help you guys have been so wonderfully able to
give.

Loving and now not so messy Wheeks!

Slave Teray and Masters Flower and Hampton

P.S: I give my sincerest condolences to all who have lost a loved one
recently. I know it is hard, as I have lost some life-long friends also.
Remember that they are in a better place eating their favorite foods and no
longer in pain.