[Gpdd] Care: C & C cages

Susan Glancy sglancy at lawsoncompanies.com
Fri Jul 9 14:59:05 EDT 2004

First I want to express our SINCEREST CONDOLENCES to all who have lost a pig
friend.  I can't believe how many have passed lately.  They were all so
lucky to have such great slaves.

I have a question about the coroplast used for c&c cages for any of you who
have that type of cage.  I've had mine about one year and do regular
thorough weekly cleanings to include the vinegar and water wipe down.
However, I've noticed that in some areas of the box and some of the taped
seams it appears urine or some other discoloration is present.  I was
wondering if it is suggested to replace the coroplast every so often.  I
imagine that is the source of some odor.  I could remove the tape, clean and
then re-tape but I wonder if I would get the odor out.  What about hosing
down?  The only problem with my setup is I have a second level and all of my
connections are secured with cable ties. In addition, I have a ramp and hay
rack that are attached to the cage. So, to remove the coroplast from the
cage would be difficult - it would not lift out easily nor could I slide it
out from under the grids b/c it has a grid base.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Sue, Sniffles, Poopsie and Red Archery Girl