[Gpdd] Re: CARE: New Guinea Pig Slave with Questions

Dukejan1 at aol.com Dukejan1 at aol.com
Sun Jul 11 17:07:05 EDT 2004

Dawn,
When I first brought Isabel home, she sat very still on my lap without moving
and also ran into her pigloo at the very thought that I might be near.  She
also sat still during floor time and looked only all too happy to return to her
cage.  This behavior lasted only about two weeks---enough time for her to get
used to her new home.  So I don't think you have anything to be concerned
about.  As for a second pig, Lily came to live with us about four months ago.
The two still absolutely refuse to share a cage, but having two piggies is a
real joy.  They play constantly during floor time---the floor space in our home
gets larger all the time--and love lap time--as long as they each have a
separate blanket. Their cages are next to each other so they can keep each other
company.  But I have no experience with two boars....my understanding is that
they will fight if there is a female around......Hope this helps.
Janet