[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: Sydney has gone to the Bridge

Kskosich at aol.com Kskosich at aol.com
Sun Jul 11 21:53:13 EDT 2004

We had to send Sydney to the Rainbow Bridge last night.  She was only one and
a half.  We adopted her in the fall of 2002 after she was abandoned on a
farm.  We picked her up at the same time we adopted Oreo, the little guy we lost
after bladder surgery this past winter.  Sydney and Oreo were both noisy in the
morning at breakfast time.  Orrie would twang the metal mesh of his hutch and
scream, Sydney would bite her wooden shelf to make a knocking noise and the
other piggies would wheep copiously.   Quite a chorus

Sydney had a brown freckled nose, black eyes and a flower-like circle of
black fur over her ears, cheeks and neck.  White fur started at her crest and
flowed over her body and legs, ending at a golden brown spot on her rump.  Her fur
was short, but wonderfully thick and soft.  I called her my Pretty Syddie.
She had a deep, bubbly purr that was my reward for giving her a back scratch or
treat (preferably both).

Syd did not care for other piggies, but was sociable with human guests.  She
preferred to gaze outside through the back door.  She had her own hutch and
enjoyed surveying the household goings on from her wooden shelf.

Thank you to those readers who wrote me notes.  I will miss her terribly and
I will miss hearing her knock imperiously for her breakfast.  Sydney, you were
one of the prettiest guinea pigs I ever saw.  I hope you are with all your
cousins at the Rainbow Bridge.  With love and remembrance, Kathry S