[Gpdd] Silly: Re: Lap Pig & Lettuce Bags

Cavykatie at aol.com Cavykatie at aol.com
Sun Jul 11 23:31:29 EDT 2004

Hi! I have a story sort of like Duncan's that I thought I'd share, even
though it happened a while ago. When our three male piggers were "mature" and had
to be seperated from their girly counterparts before they were neutered, they
fought pretty much (not anything too serious, though), so we put a screen on
top of their cage so none would jump out during a fight while we were away. But
Wooly Bear, seeing an oppurtunity to cause trouble, found a way through. We
arrived home one day, and noticed that the screen was pushed aside a little bit,
and thought that it must have been bumped during a tiff. We then noticed that
there were only two pigs in the cage! We searched frantically for him, under
all the usual places (under furniture, behind potted plants, in the girls'
cage, etc.), but he was nowhere to be found! Finally, we discovered him plopped
in  one of those three-foot-tall bags of woodchips that we had only used about
six inches of. He seemed very pleased with himself. How he ever managed to
jump two and a half feet into the air and than land in there, I'll never know,
but boy, did he ever give us quite a scare! His brother, Tiptoe, also had a
knack for causing trouble (sadly, Tippy passed over the Rainbow Bridge since
then). We have the pigs' cage set up so that it forms a square with a small opening
in the middle, where we often stored left-over grass that we picked for them
to munch on. We always checked in the middle section (because itsy-bitsy
Tiptoe was often picked on since he was the smallest) to make sure that he hadn't
franticly jumped over the cage wall and gotten himself stuck (which he did on a
regular basis). One day, we checked in the middle section, and sure enough,
there was Tiptoe. But where was the huge bowl of grass (enough for a generous
serving for each of our six pigs) that we had put there? Hmm.... :)

Keep the silly anecdotes coming! I love reading about funny pigs!
Katie & the Cavies
    Wooly Bear, Scamper, Lilac, & Rose. (& the late Tiptoe, and his late
cousin, Harry. We all miss you, and you'll always be our baby boys!)