[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT - New Piggy slaves with questions

Allfunngames5989 at aol.com Allfunngames5989 at aol.com
Tue Jul 13 16:29:00 EDT 2004

Hi everyone.  I am the proud mom of a 12 year old son, diagnosed with a mild
form of Autism.  In February he asked for a pet of his own, something he could
love, and be completely responsible for.  After much research, we became the
willing slaves to Fluffy on March 23 of this year.

Never having had any experience with cavvies our learning curve was steep,
but Fluffy quickly became the subject of hours of entertainment for Taylor, and
yes, for the rest of the household as well.

We noticed our adorable little girl gaining weight, dug into the research
books, and determined that we might be overfeeding her.  Cutting back on her
treats, providing her with more exercise and floor/lap time didn't seem to help.
On May 29, we were pleasantly presented with the reason for her chubbiness.
Fluffy is the proud new mommy to Muffin (female) and Squeek (male) and as all
of you probably already know, our fun just tripled.

We have now separated Squeek from his mother and sister, and his new name
should be "Scream"... but he is adapting slowly.  The question I have is this:
one of our books says that we should not be using red cedar shavings in their
cages.  Can I have anyone's feedback on this, as I have found it to be most
economical, clean, and gives them a nice place to play and mess around in.

We enjoy reading the daily postings, and wish all of you much fun and
happiness in your piggie worlds.

Debie and Taylor, slaves to Fluffy, Muffin and Squeek