[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] advice for the new

Stephen Schertzer/Ruth Wingerin mindman at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Jul 14 10:58:15 EDT 2004

Hi slaves!
I am going to this SPCA kids camp currently.
For those who don't know, it's a shelter. Yesterday was small
animal day, so I brought my guinea pigs. Some one else brought
GP's and held them kind of standing on their hind legs on her
arm and front paws resting against her chest. Someone wanted to
hold Cocoa and she thought that is how to hold every guinea pig.
Cocoa started getting "uncomfortable" like experienced slaves can
see, and then the poor girl made a little scream! I didn't know how
Important position was to guinea pigs! I of course put her back to
recover. I must tell you from this experience, it is important to know
how your master likes to be held.
sorry for the long post
Julia Cocoa and Patch