[Gpdd] HEALTH - VITAMIN C

grace ramp gracetheface at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 15:39:41 EDT 2004

My niece, Christine and I have a piggie named Pork Chop.  We got her in February when she was a few months old.  She has been relatively healthy except for an ear infection.  Christine read on the gpdd about chewable Vitamin C.  We had been giving her the liquid in her water bottle every day, but Christine decided the pills would be better.  She bought 250 mg and we cut them in four.  She started Pork Chop on them on Sunday.  Last night when we brought Pork Chop out for some floor time she was completely nuts.  She was running around and around the living room at top speed for at least 15 minutes straight.  It was like she was high or something.  Can too much Vitamin C cause hyperactivity in a pig?  We are going to discontinue the chewables and go back to the liquid.  I can't think of anything else that we changed that would cause such racing.  P.S. - Thanks for the tip on the canned pumpkin pie filling.  She absolutely looooves it.