[Gpdd] [Health] Handling

Megan McCullough duckie_3114 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 18:43:27 EDT 2004

Hi Slaves! It is Meg and CoCo again!

I got CoCo July 10th. I left her along the first day so she could adjust to her new home. On the second day, I left her alone too because she was still alittle shy and not fully adjusted. On the third day she let me pet her and brush her and hand feed her too. But was scared of being handled!

So on the fourth day, I thought that she was adjusted and she was. I took her out of her cage. I even put the cage on the floor so that she wouldn't fall out of my hands and hurt herself. She was really happy. So I put her in her playpen. She came over to me and layed down in front of me in the playpen and I pet her and brushed her. She was in the playpen for about a half and hour or so and then I decided to hold her. She was running away though. But I was deterimed! So I picked her up in a towel. I even followed the directions I got off a website and from friends. I supported her and everything. Then when she was sitting in my lap. I started petting her on the back, the way she loves to be petted and she bit me. It was really deep too. So I put her back in her cage.

I wanted to know what you guys think I did wrong! Was she not ready yet or did I do something wrong? It has been two days since then and she is letting me pet her still and feed her and she is being very friendly too. Should I try again? or not?

Please help!!!! and sorry for the long post!

-Meg and CoCo.