[Gpdd] [misc] <re: Potter And Molly Playing?>

petunia_loo at yahoo.com petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 22:41:55 EDT 2004

Hi Deb,

Some of their antics sound like my two piggies (a
neutered male and spayed female). When Pooh Bear gets
excited he will sometimes rumblestrut, or wiggle his
butt  and purr, and headbutt piglet in the bum. This
is like mating behavior, although since they've both
been fixed their isn't much desire to mate. Piglet
does not like this and will either squeal and run
away, give a warning snap, or if she's really annoyed
squirt pee at him. I would guess that if Polly is
showing similar "mating" behavior that she is just
being a dominant pig. I think Pooh Bear is my dominant
pig, but that does not mean Piglet lets him get away
with a lot - they bicker over veggies and coveted
spots. Mostly their "arguments" will just consist of
teeth chattering and warning snaps. (It's kinda funny
to watch them argue sometimes - their just like little
kids!! One will grab something out of the other's
mouth and run off w/ it :)) Occasionally one will
actually bite the other, and the victim lets out a
startling, blood-curdling squeal that I think you
could recognize right away (followed by furious
teeth-chattering). I would say if you see them having
this kind of fight very often, and it seems like they
can't exist next to each other without bickering, then
you might consider seperating them. Before that point,
make sure to give them both a nice hidey/sitting spot
and maybe multiple food bowls so they don't have as
much to fight over.
I hope this helps you.
~Lauren, Piglet and Pooh