[Gpdd] [HEALTH] My guinea pigs died help me

p37r4-n3f3ru-nu-n3b7-5 petra-nef at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 19 12:45:26 EDT 2004

>     I Left my guinea pigs out side for 1 and a half hours and then I
> realized they were dead in the future how long should I leave my new
> guinea pigs outside? and does it matter what the temperature is?

         Guinea pigs are VERY sensitive to temperature, especially the
heat. You should NEVER leave your guinea pigs outside!!! If you do take
them out, they must have a safe enclosure with shade, a place to hide, a
water bottle or two, and you must attend them every single second. People
often lose pigs to predators, neighborhood dogs, or the heat when they are
left outside by themselves, as you have just discovered.

         I have to suggest that before you get "new" pigs, you research
their care thoroughly first?  That way you will be better prepared and your
actions will not result in another tragedy of this type. www.guinealynx.com
and www.cavyspirit.com are good places to start your research.

Pam