[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR

Susanna Brodmerkle SqrtCookies at comcast.net
Mon Jul 19 15:22:56 EDT 2004

Quick question-has anyone noticed their pigs sort of swiping at/washing their faces when you think they might be nervous? My piggie does this when I'm holding him up in the air, and I get the distinct feeling he doesn't like that. So I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this?
Also-how does one go about finding a good, reputable breeder? And how are piggie people about breeding one, and only one, litter of baby pigs (IF I find a pretty enough sow, and she's young enough) because i have a VERY pretty boar, and might like to find him a girlfriend. I already have 3 promised homes for babies, and am prepared to keep remaining piglets with me. I ask because I show purebred dogs, and I truly, truly hate pet people who want their female dog to have just 1 litter of puppies because she's sooo pretty, but she's really a horrible representative of the breed, and I don't want to be one of those people in the piggie world!
Thanks for your input-Susanna and the Piggie