[Gpdd] (CARE) Re: Piggy feet/Bumblefoot

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 15:45:23 EDT 2004

Glenda and Allison,
I think your pigs are okay. I've noticed that my
lighter colored pigs' feet look really red sometimes,
but there are no sores or anything and they walk fine.
I also use a mix of Carefresh and Aspen. I don't think
it's the bedding. I haven't really determined what
causes this, but my vet has checked them out and given
them a clean bill of health. I guess since they walk
around "barefoot" all the time, their little tootsies
start to look, well, used a lot. If you don't have a
wire bottom in your cage, you shouldn't have anything
to worry about. If it seems like your pig is
uncomfortable, or if there are open sores on the feet,
then it's time to see a vet.

Stacy and the Squee Squad