[Gpdd] health: GP mental health

schumann at bellsouth.net schumann at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 20 15:49:13 EDT 2004

For the past week or so, I've had a summer cold so have been careful not to hold the piggies.  Over the weekend, I noticed that Lokai would not come out of the pigloo even to eat.  I was immediately worried.  I continued to watch and she did come out eventually to get the dregs of what Tribble had left from the supper buffet.

I decided to pick Lokai up and check for any obvious signs of illness.  There were none but I kept watching her closely.  I did notice that after we had that little bit of cuddle/exam time she was more herself.  The next evening, I picked her up set her on a towel in my lap well away from my runny nose.  Since then, she's been fine.

I'm sorry that she had to be traumatized but it's nice to know that she really did miss her mom's attention.

Jan
mom to Tribble and Lokai