[Gpdd] HEALTH rigworm?????

petunia_loo at yahoo.com petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 13:20:19 EDT 2004

Hi Sarah & her Rugpigs,
All gpigs have bald spots behind their ears. Also, my
gpigs tend to shed a lot when they are nervous (like
when they're at the vet). I know when I give them
baths, I think a lot of the loose hair comes off onto
the towel. Ringworm and other fungal infections, as
well as mites, will cause bald patches on the body.
That would be something to watch for. I'm not sure how
often they are scratching. Look closely for scabs too,
which may be an indication of excess scratching caused
by a parasite problem.
Best of luck,
Lauren, Piglet and Pooh