[Gpdd] (behavior) boars together

Cuttlefish Arts cuttlefisharts at comcast.net
Thu Jul 22 12:27:52 EDT 2004

I've been reading about everyone who has boars together, and I wanted to
interject that there seems to be no set rules about whether they will get
along.

I once raised brothers together who seemed to get along, had them neutered
so they wouldn't breed with the girls, and they fought terribly as adults. I
actually just had a sad experience trying to match up my older neutered boar
with a new female; they really fought violently every chance they got, would
not get along after weeks of trying EVERY trick in the book. I had to bring
her back to the shelter and I am now waiting for a younger and more
"submissive" female. They've now categorized this lovely girl as a gp who
will not live with another gp;  but I think that she might get on with the
right piggie.

I'm now convinced that if they are kept apart from females, that two males
may have a better chance to get along, but once again, there's no set rule.
Some gps just seem to fight with each other; it's their alpha/dominance/herd
rules kicking in, I guess, and there's only so much the humans can about it.

Vic