[Gpdd] Behavior: Was not nice for babysitter

DL1Bossfan at aol.com DL1Bossfan at aol.com
Fri Jul 23 13:26:32 EDT 2004

Hi Everyone!
Hope this finds everyone having a nice summer.  I send prayers, sincere
concern, and hugs to all that have recently lost a piggy.  I want to comment about
something that happened the day before yesterday.  I say PROUDLY that I now
have a soldier in my family, (and yes G.I. Joe is named because of him!).  My
nephew graduated from boot camp in Columbia this week, and is on his way up
north for special training.  Anyway, while I was gone, a good friend of mine came
by twice (and on the piggies schedule) to feed Spike and G.I. Joe.  I had
written a "novel" of instructions on what they ate, liked, disliked, ect.  She
even came by Sunday to watch me as I prepared their food.  When I returned, she
reported everything was fine with G.I. Joe.  He was his same sweet self!
HOWEVER, Mr. Spike "showed out" (as some people say!)  He kicked up his heals
sending bedding everywhere, tried to climb out of his cage, took his food bowl and
upset the dish sending pellets everywhere, and then ran and his in his "hidey
hole" refusing to come out.  My friend has no animals of her own, but always
has been very fond of mine. (She makes them personalized Christmas stockings,
and sends them gifts,etc...) I had told her that a sign of a sick piggy was loss
of appetite, so when Spike hid refusing to come out and eat, she was scared
to death!!  She stayed at the house for over an hour and finally "lured" him
out with a piece of parsley!  She sensed that he was irritated with me leaving,
so she left and the next morning when she returned, his food was gone, so she
felt a lot better (he and G.I. Joe are in seperate quarters, but do often run
together).  Just out of curiosity, have any of you experienced this type of
behavior with your piggies?  Do you think he is spoiled or guarding his
territory, or a combo of both?, or maybe people give off different odors that upset
piggies. (Ha!  - that sounds weird- she doesn't smell to me, but she may to him)
 Just wondering!
Piggy nose rubs to everyone!
Donna, sweet G.I. Joe, and ( the rotten and adorable one) "Spike"