[Gpdd] MISC. Pigpals

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 24 13:55:48 EDT 2004

Hello Everyone

I wanted to let everyone know that the cavymadness
pigpal program still needs more pigpal mentors. I know
their are several on the digest that are pigpals
already.
You have to have several years experience with guinea
pigs and you have to fill out a questionaire. Then
when you are approved, they match you up with a new
beginner guinea pig owner. They tell you what the
beginner wants to learn the most from you and you just
e-mail each other back and forth with questions and
answers.
You would be surprised how much more you know about
guinea pigs than a beginner just by owning them and
reading this digest.
It has really been fun. I've gotten to know more
guinea pig people and helped out guinea pigs along the
way. I have 13 that I am mentoring at this time. They
range from 12 years old to 50 years old. I have one in
Canada and one in Argentina. We have exchanged pig
pictures and have found that we have other similiar
interests. I have made a special notebook with the
names, information, and pig names of all the people I
am mentoring. You just have to e-mail to say "Hi' and
"How's things going?" after they get more confident
with being a pig owner.
Trina has done a great job managing this program and
she is there to answer any questions you may have
along the way. It's a great way to help keep other
pigs healthy and happy, make some new friends too.

Dawnda

=====
http://embark.to/guineapighaven