[Gpdd] Health: Bathing & Skin Conditions

Laura lauramelville at comcast.net
Sat Jul 24 11:31:32 EDT 2004

Hi all!!!  I lurk but don't post to often.

I know some of you bathe your pigs regularly and others on occassion and others never.  Of those who bathe on a regular basis do you find you deal with skin problems in your pigs less?  I'm just wondering if this helps prevent the problems?

I've been through a bad case of mange in my females in the past few months, everyone has cleared up but one, and though her hair is back in, she still has all this mangy dry skin and the hair just comes right out...bathing has helped her some, but I don't want to over bathe her (if you know what I mean).  It just seems that she's immune to ivermectin.  I also tried the topical "Revolution" which is what helped all the others, her hair came back after this...but she still has some type of problem.

Any suggestions?

Laura
Lily, Lucy, Molly, Phoebe, Abby, Tweek and BJ