[Gpdd] [HEALTH] <a bad day.>

petunia_loo at yahoo.com petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 20:22:09 EDT 2004

Something scary happened w/ Pooh Bear this morning...
he and his sis had crawled off my bed when I wasn't
paying attention... when I was chasing PBoy to try to
put him back in his cage, his foot must have gotten
caught on something, because I noticed it was bleeding
uncrontrollably... I finally found the styptic powder,
but not even the whole bottle would stop it!!! I had
to take him to my vet, and I made it there in half my
normaltime, only to discover thatthey aren't open on
Sundays. Well, I checked him over then and he had
finally stopped bleeding. I didn't want to take him to
an emergency vet because they don't treat gpigs and
there would almost certainly be nothing they could do.
So since I was late for work he came with me to the
pet store. Poor thing. He was so freaked out. He just
sat still and and stared and didn't purr or squeak
when I pet him every so often. Of course he was
purring up a storm when he returned home eight hours
later to Miss Piglet and she nuzzled the fur under his
chin. I have him on towels now to make sure the
bleeding doesn't start up again. I can't figure out
whether he broke his toe, or cut it, or both. Poor
baby.
Wheeeeeeks,
Lauren, recovering Pooh and relieved Ms. Piglet