[Gpdd] Announcement--Critter Corral Senior/Special Needs Pig Support

Debbie Ganley debg43 at ij.net
Sun Jul 25 21:07:08 EDT 2004

I was playing around on the Internet & came across the Critter Corral website--they're an organization dedicated to rescuing pigs out of Ilinois--they have a wonderful adoption program for older pigs in their care.  They adopt older piggies who would otherwise be euthanized at a shelter & the pigs live out their lives in their Critter Corral Retirement Center.  For a $20 adoption fee for 6 months, you can adopt a pig--you get a certificate & pigture with a story about your pig, along with a subscription to the CC newsletter.  The adoption fee helps pay for their medical care--lots of their pigs are blind or handicapped.  They also have beautiful T-shirts for sale ($10.95 plus $3 shipping for the first shirt--$1 for each one after) with a collage of GP's on the shirt, with the saying "I support the Senior & Special Needs GP's at the Critter Corral Rescue"--they have adult & kid's sizes.  The site is amazing--I wish all of us had access to such a great rescue.  Christmas is coming--great idea for gifts!  Go on www.crittercorral.org & check out what they have to offer.  Deb, Potter & Molly