[Gpdd] Announcement: My Piggies

Jackie Bickers jackie3492 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 01:23:34 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I've been subscribing to this list for several months now. Often, I end up
with a load of postings in my email, sadly I have no time to read them all
:) But I do my best. First off, I want to take this wonderful free time as
an opportunity to introduce my five pigs, Jasmine, Simon, Jezebel, Rusty and
Sabrina. I've tried to introduce them before, but I had some trouble with
the settings on my email (with which the moderators of the GPDD were VERY
helpfull and attentive..by the way a BIG thank you. :)) Jasmine is my second
guinea pig..we have had her the longest. My first pig was named Ty,
unfortunately he had a problem with his brain according to the vet and he
passed on at the age of two months. Very sad and traumatic for a relatively
inexperienced guinea pig owner . But I decided to ease some of the hurt with
providing a new guinea pig with a home (and putting some life in that empty
cage!!!) very soon after Ty's passing. And that's how we got our Jasmine. My
Simon came a couple of months later.. I was in the pet store buying food,
and he was already an adult, on a half price "special". I felt so sorry for
him I bought him and a new cage right on the spot. I wasn't so worried about
his safety.. He was living the good life in a GOOD pet store.. the staff
even had a name for him (Mr. Brown). But I felt that he needed parents :) My
third, Jezebel, was a Christmas present from my boyfriend.. who heard me say
"I would love another guinea pig, if I had the room in the house."
Fortunately, he doesn't listen well, and he didn't hear the "If I had the
room" part :) As soon as I saw that baby, it was really easy to make the
room :) A much larger apartment later..I decided Jasmine needed a friend,
and that's how we got our Sabrina. Jasmine didn't really agree, so I decided
I needed another friend, so there was a brand new cage for Sabrina. (Though
you would be surprised how nice Jasmine is to Sabrina during playtime
now..since she now outsizes her, LOL) Our fifth and final (for now) pig is
Rusty. My boyfriend worked with someone who was wanting to unload a guinea
pig, we were willing to load him. So Rusty showed up, lice, bald patch and
all, which are both distant memories since he just LOVED the vet, lol. So
thats the story of how I ended up with my five babies. The babies and I love
all of the stories on the GPDD, and all of the helpful advice. I especially
love all of the wonderful tributes to piggies that have passed on by Joseph
Petrillo.. I wish I knew of you when my Ty passed on. Thank you to everyone
:)

Jackie.. and Jasmine, Simon, Jezebel, Sabrina and Rusty..oh yeah.. and
John.. Daddy Slave