[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: Introducing me and my piggies

alexandra phillips lexy at whochick67.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Jul 28 16:17:15 EDT 2004

Hey folks,
Just subscribed to the GPDD, though I have been reading some past posts with interest. I am a slave to many pigs...and boy, when I say many, I mean MANY! At the moment I have three boys and four girls, three of whom are pregnant, so goodness knows how many more are going to be arriving very soon.
In fact my two girls who are furthest along (and every day I keep expecting to get home from work and find they have "popped"!) are enormously fat which in itself isn't bizarre...though the fact that the 'fat' occasionally moves all by itself does add a little extra weirdness to the situation.
I have a home lined up for two boys (they will be living in their own piggie 'den' with no girls around, so there shouldn't been any hormonal bother) and other people have expressed interest in the babies, though I think I will be keeping all the girls (I have some LARGE hutches) and my piggies go around to my next-door neighbour's to play in the garden regularly.  Once the babies are born, my boys are seeing my very nice vet for a vasectomy as any more piggies in my house would be too much, and I don't want to put my girls through any more strain like they have been in the last few weeks.
I also have a dog, a cat and a chipmunk, in my very crowded two bedroom flat! The chipmunk (Poppy) is in love with the dog (Jake) and one of the GPs is particularly taken with him too and comes up to the front of the hutch to lick his nose! The poor dog doesn't seem to know what to make of this, though I have noticed that if Frankie doesn't come up to say hello, Jake sits there and whines - complaining that he is being ignored! Honestly, it truly is a mad-house!
Anyway, I'm quite knowledgeable on animal husbandry (I ought to be really with that many animals!) and if anyone needs any information and I can help, I will do so most happily.
Look forward to getting to know you all.
Alex

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/