[Gpdd] CARE: Nutrition

Missy Chodoro melissachodoro at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 10:54:50 EDT 2004

Hi all. I have been playing around on a lot of different websites regarding the diet of guinea pigs. While there is some conflicting information, it appears as though the general concensus is to give about 25mg Vit C per day, and give calcium but not too much calcium. Does anyone know the exact amount of milligrams of calcium that these little guys need? I also saw in one publication that the calcium to phosphorus ratio of their diets should be 2:1.5. Can someone shed some light on all of this? I just want to make sure my piggie is getting everything he needs but not too much!
Thanks.
Melissa