[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Motah

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Fri Jul 30 03:13:12 EDT 2004

Dear Misty,
       I've cried throughout reading of the loss of your little girl. Your
story is similar to mine -- my first vet's bad judgment call (or my bad judgment
on choosing that vet) early in my Ebeneezer's misdiagnosed condition. A few
days later I had to help him (through another vet) cross the Bridge. I still
haven't recovered from it. He "left" June 7th of this year. There are
differences -- Ebe still had some vitality but he was suffering very much, too.
       You have so accurately expressed the absolute heartbreak of the
experience -- and broken all your readers' hearts as well in describing Motah's last
days. I wish I had words to comfort you. But your baby was loved and I
believe they know that. It is the difficult passings that are most hard to handle.
If you feel as I did, you just want to rewind everything and go back to a point
where everything would have a different outcome, even if that simply meant
helping them across the Bridge a few days sooner.
       We trust our vets to know what they're doing and sometimes that trust
is misplaced. Not our faults.
       When you say in your post "My baby is gone forever and there is
nothing I can do about it," you are speaking for so many of us who have felt or
still feel that same pain. It's almost unbearable, isn't it?
       I'm glad you took the towel home is spite of what sounds like a
condescending attitude from the vet on that score. I brought Ebe's body home and
buried him in his little white blanket, but first lay him in, upon his little
blanket, the cage he shared with Wilson. And yes, they do know these things.
       Our hearts go out to you, but your baby is in a wonderful place where
nothing ever hurts again. And she has lots of good friends waiting for her
there.

God bless,
Alge