[Gpdd] {Silly} I'm Going To Be Published

petunia_loo at yahoo.com petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 13 20:29:29 EDT 2004

Congratulations! Let us know when it comes out. I've flown a couple of times, from MA to Aruba, Florida, and Europe. Honestly, I was really scared about flying the first time, but then once I didn't die and I did it a couple times, it kind of grew on me. The best part by far is takeoff. I don't know how to explain it. You go really super fast and in a few seconds, your butt is in the sky. I guess I'm not explaining it too well, but I always wanted to fly (like a bird,not on a plane) when I was a little kid, and this really was the closest I will probably ever come to what I imagined it would feel like.
Once I get in the air, I don't worry about crashing anymore. I mean, you're safer in a plane than in a car, but also I'm just like "well, if I'm destined to die today it's already decided, so it won't make any difference whether or not I worry about it. I may as well enjoy the saltines and coffee."
Also, get a window seat if you possibly can, especially since you've never flown before. The view from the plane is so amazing, especially during takeoff. Oh, I also dreamed about floating on clouds when I was a kid, and it's kind of cool to look out and be in the clouds. Although when there are clouds a lot of times there's turbulence, but it's not so bad. Just remember to bring some good music, AND something comfortable to rest your head on (yes plane seats are not the most comfortable). I like to have those eye pillows too so I can doze off. And if they offer you food, take it, even if you don't think you'll eat it. It makes me feel better just having it, like more at home, and I feel happier when I'm full.
I don't have experience with anxiety attacks, just general anxiety. Do you have something to take that you know helps you to calm down during one? Like a bottle of Jack Daniels lol. Seriously there was a man on one flight who was obviously wasted from the moment he got on the plane, and the flight attendants seemed to understand, you know, and they put him in his own aisle to sleep like a baby in a drunken stupor. :) Attendents deal with people apprehensive about flying all the time, and I'm sure they would be kind and willing to help if you had a problem. It's like part of their job description to maintain sanity and avoid chaos, lol.
Oh, and don't even worry about the terrorist thing. When I went to Europe it was only a year after Sept. 11, and honestly I was determined not to let the terrorists terrorize me. A friend of my family was on one of the planes that crashed into the WTC. I was just like, I'm not going to let them do this horrible thing and then have their act be successful by me avoiding planes. It just wouldn't be honorable to the memories of the people who died. So I did fly to Spain & Portugal and had the time of my life, and made it home to print out the pictures. :)
Sorry this is so long. I hope this helps you feel less nervous!!!
Lauren, Piglet and Pooh