[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Ebeneezer

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Tue Jun 15 03:09:33 EDT 2004

Dear Friends,

      I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful and encouraging emails
regarding Ebeneezer's way too premature trip to the Bridge. I can't imagine a more
caring and committed group of people (and piggies) than those here on the
digest. You, your words, your thoughts, truly are helping me heal -- tho I sure
still miss the little blighter!
       It was a week ago today (Monday -- I guess this night has crept over
into Tuesday) ...well, it was a week ago today that he "left."
       You have brought such consolation to me and the remaining Jolly
Rodents reminding me of his antics as well as the way we so often second guess
ourselves when we make such decisions.
       Wilson, having been Ebe's cage mate, has been having even more trouble
with it than Mr. Cooders, but we're all still sad.
       They had apple tonight for the first time since last Sunday night when
Ebeneezer enjoyed his last little snack -- the one thing he was able to get
down that night.
       Susan said she thought the OK piggies thought that the televised
Reagan funeral had something to do with Ebeneezer's departing. The Jolly Rodents
(not so Jolly) and I watched the last of the services thinking the same thing --
down to the twenty-one gun salute and the missing man flying formation.
Actually, we hurt for the Reagan family and for our own.
       Even the cat has been subdued.
       I will be writing to each of you shortly -- have local hospital visits
of my own scheduled this week and a new lung transplant evaluation at Ohio
State University scheduled for July 1st. This time I'm fully ready for the risks
should I be put on the list and should the opportunity come up. (Still,
should it happen, I hope it goes great!!)
       I'd again like to thank Jenni and Beethoven for helping to make
Ebeneezer a star and for displaying his handsome pigture on the Rumblestrut Blues
website. Do check it out if you haven't already.

www.jeffthewebguy.com/beethoven

God bless all,
Alge