[Gpdd] MISC: dogs and piggies

Kskosich at aol.com Kskosich at aol.com
Thu Jun 17 22:08:51 EDT 2004

Regarding dogs and guinea pigs, we had a St. Bernard named Florence who was
very protective of the guinea pigs.  Once Florence rescued a baby mouse and we
kept it for a long time.  Before getting a St. Bernard, one must consider
whether one wishes to deal with nearly 200 pounds of dog.  One time our first
Saint Daisy Mae left the house on urgent barking business and bent the sliding
screen door, ripped down the drapes and snapped a big wooden cafe rod in half.
On second thought, maybe a Saint might not be the best choice.....Kathy S