[Gpdd] Care: Floor time for non housebroken piggies/ Attn Julia

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Sat Jun 19 17:31:57 EDT 2004

Hi Julia,
       Someone had a good idea (was it you?) about using a large plastic
children's wading pool for floor time. I have the biggest one that I could get in
someone's car (my Tracker would only hold a smaller one) and my GPs enjoy it
tho they prefer true floor time.
       On the floor they do have a corner that they use for pottying 90% of
the time. I have a litter pan in a brown grocery bag (they seem to like that)
plus I have a heavy waterproof pad down underneath that. Even if they don't use
the litter pan they use that well protected corner.
       However, I don't often have the energy to set up real floor time with
my play yard fences, etc. (And I do have a GP non-friendly cat.) I have a King
size bed sheet that I line the pool with then I just shake it outside when
they're done playing.
       There are things like "Neat sheets" that you can cover our carpet with
for floor time, but the wading pool really is fun for them, too.

All best,
Alge