[Gpdd] Miscellaneous: re gpigs and dogs

Sandra Park sppark at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Jun 20 18:29:40 EDT 2004

I wanted to thank the many people who took the time to reply to my questions
about dogs and gpigs coexisting.  Some of you replied to me privately;
others posted on the gpdd.  All of your replies were helpful.  We decided to
go ahead with the adoption of the dog and have started gradually introducing
her to the gpigs.  I did decide to move them off the floor onto a dresser
and a chest and into the office (rather than the family room).  So far, so
good.  She wants to sniff at the cages but moves away and sits near my feet
when I ask her to.   A good beginning that I hope improves even more with
time.  Giving the gpigs their floor time will be a challenge; I'm sure it
will have to occur when she's not present, at least until time has proven we
truly trust her around the gpigs, and maybe for always.  I'm still anxious
about it all.

Again, thanks,

Sandy and the two boyz and Doza , the rescue dog
---