[Gpdd] [CARE] Kiddie Swimming Pools for Cages

Jocelyn Anderson jocelyn.anderson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 08:57:08 EDT 2004

Hi all,

	Since there's some talk about swimming pools I thought I'd chime in!
I also use a kiddie swimming pool for my guinea pig (pool image:
http://nflight.com/albums/spybreakthepeeg/spybreak03042707.jpg ), he
seems to enjoy it.  It gives him enough room to go off on adventures
when no one's around to entertain him.  He does laps around the pool
whenever he thinks treats are incoming!  I managed to get a video of
this (sound was added):
http://www.nflight.com/spybreak/spybreaksound.avi .  It's really quite
amazing how fast these little mammals can run!
	To clean the pool I use a plastic snow shovel and shovel out the
CareFresh and the bottom layer of newspaper.  It takes a full bag to
put a good layer down, and usually a small package is bought later as
the bedding gets packed down and the newspaper begins to show.  If a
kiddie pool is feasible money and space wise, I highly suggest it!

Jocelyn (~..~)