[Gpdd] RESCUE: HELP Needed

BunsnPigs at aol.com BunsnPigs at aol.com
Wed Jun 23 11:34:06 EDT 2004

I haven't posted again about the seizure case at the Tri-County
shelter in Hughesville, Maryland, because its still in the courts. I
can say that the shelter there is housing 250+ guinea pigs seized on
May 22nd and they are responsible for cleaning and feeding these
animals every single day. Once the court case is over, we will be
more able to talk about it.

I have tried to round up volunteers to go and clean cages and feed
piggies.. even just go to fill water bottles... I myself have been
going 3 times a week, although this last week I could only go for one
full day because of nursing sick animals at home.

If anyone can donate some time and energy, even 2 hours, to drive
down there (its south of Waldorf), please let me know. They are open
during the week from 8 - 6 and on Saturdays from 8 - 4. Sundays they
are there, although not open, from 7 - 10. When you see them, you
will be astounded at the numbers. They are all so beautiful and have
started to blossom.

Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue has solicited donations from people
around the country and abroad to provide the major portion of
pellets, bedding, and hay for the guinea pigs. Its been a blessing to
be able to help in this way, but the bodies are needed, too. Thank you
to all who have helped already.

Please email me privately at "bunsnpigs at aol.com" if you can help. We
are still accepting donations for the fund to provide care as well,
since it costs 250 times what you spend each week per piggy just to
provide clean bedding, hay, and pellets. Go to
http://www.mgpr.org/TriCounty.htm and choose your donation route. We
WILL send you a receipt for tax purposes.

Thank you all so much!!

Judi Lainer
Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue
Springfield, Va