[Gpdd] [HEALTH] <re: pigs with diarrhea>

petunia_loo at yahoo.com petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 14:33:44 EDT 2004

If you are seeing diarrhea (wet runny stools) you need to take them to a vet. Pigs can not go long when they are dehydrated, which is what diarrhea will do. Until you can get them to a vet, get some pedialyte (for childrem, in the baby food section) and try syringe feeding them that, perhaps mushing some pellets with the pedialyte if they are not eating. You can buy plastic syringes for sick/weaning animals at most pet stores. I don't know where you got them from, but if they are from a pet store, I wouldn't be surprised if they are sick. Best wishes and keep us updated!
Lauren, Pooh and Piglet