[Gpdd] Breeding: Sneaky Boar

robyn ferguson robyn_ferguson at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 27 21:18:43 EDT 2004

Hi Debbie,

Yes, one boar is definitely virile enough to impregnate all six sows, but
that doesn't necessarily mean he has done. There is the possibility that not
all your sows were in season at the time, and sows can also be quite good at
fending off unwanted advances (as anyone who has ever seen the dreaded
"projectile pee to the face" can testify). If one sow is "showing" and the
others aren't it's possible she is the only one who is pregnant. If the
worst comes to the worst and your other piggies are pregnant, I believe it's
possible for a vet to give a piggie a caesarian. In the meantime I would
keep a close watch on the girls for any signs of pregnancy and contact your
vet as soon as you are sure.

Robyn