[Gpdd] Behavior--aggressive guinea pig

Amy Lovekin piglove at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 28 12:32:06 EDT 2004

Hi a.mills at portset.net:

Several years ago I had a very assertive female named Pepa.  Ever
since the day she was born she was assertive, just by nature.  But
she started to become actually aggressive to my other pigs in a way
that just didn't seem natural.  When I took her to the vet's, they
found that she had cysts in her ovaries.  Once they spayed her, she
was fine.  Still assertive, but not aggressive.  I have no idea what
might have happened to that other person's pig, but your suggestion
that he might have been ill seems to make sense, since pain can make
an organism do things it wouldn't normally do.

Amy