[Gpdd] rainbow bridge: Spirit

Erin Lisa Butler-Simmons veeweemama at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 18:34:38 EDT 2004

Thank you J.P. (George the GP's dad) for the beautiful eulogy you wrote for my Spirit. You truly have a gift at honoring "the little ones" and you made me feel so much better. God has blessed you with a comforting talent, and the love you have for our treasured cavies is truly amazing. Most men deny caring for the piggers. My husband claims to despise them (yet I catch him cuddling them and talking baby talk to them sometimes, and he threatens me with horrible things if I tell any of his buddies and blow his "macho" image!!!)  Anyway, it was a beautiful memorial for the courageous Spirit.

Thanks to everyone who has been grieving with me over Spirits passing. I have tried to respond to everyone personally, and will continue to do so. It is so wonderful to have the support of such a wonderful group of people when the "loved ones" in our lives tell us "It's only a Guinea Pig, get over it!!!!" I miss Spirit and her courageous and loving attitude so much. She was the Queen of all cavies, even though she was so young. I miss her so much. I buried her under the Weeping Willow tree in my pasture, right next to our beloved Blue-Tick Hound "Ole Blue" who died last summer. They never knew eachother, but both were severely abused by their first homes, and were able to live the ends of their lives knowing true love and tenderness.

I will never forget you Spirit, I will see you again someday, and I'll bring an orange.
Erin