[Gpdd] [CARE] <nail clipping>

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Mon Mar 1 14:21:22 EST 2004

Although I haven't been clipping the piggies' toenails myself yet (the vet
has done it so far), I do give them a good check every day or so.    A
couple
times lately I've noticed little brown places on CP's front feet.   At first
it
just looks like a bit of dried poo stuck between the pads, but it wouldn't
wipe off.   So we soaked his feet for 10 minutes in warm, soapy water,
and it didn't make a bit of difference. (but CP thoroughly enjoyed it!)
The next day, they were gone from one foot.  On closer examination, it
looked sort of like it was actually attached, I thought it might be a
callous?
Anyway, I was able to successfuly trim it off with nail clippers.  Now,
however,
he has them on both front feet again.  I haven't tried to trim them off yet.
Does anyone know what this is, and how we should deal with it?
I haven't noticed it on the other two, and it only seems to be on his front
feet. It doesn't seem to bother him at all, he gets around as usual.
(If it makes any difference, he is brown but with pink feet. Snowy is
white with pink feet, and LW is brown with black feet.)
Susi and the Okie Piggies
Snowy, CocoPuff and Lil' Whistle