[Gpdd] Care: Corn on the cob is fun food

Carla Martinez cmartinez36 at houston.rr.com
Tue Mar 2 19:24:25 EST 2004

Wheeks from Snowball and Snickers! Hey guys, do you ever eat corn on the
cob? We love it, in fact we are stuffed right now. The humans get such a
kick out of watching us eat it. Well, see, we have a special 'team-eating'
technique that cracks them up.

Once we agree on which side of the corn cob to stand on, we each take a
spot. Snowball usually works the top section near the corn silk and Snickers
works the bottom section. Snickers rips a husk off and then we both munch on
that leaf awhile. Then Snowball pulls off some corn silk. We go back and
forth till we roll the corn cob over near the beds or our hay pile. Team
work, yeah! When we pull most of the leaf stalks off, Snowball eats a few
mouthfuls of the actual corn. Then we call it a day. It is great fun and one
of our most favorite foods.

We wonder if anyone knows if it would be good to cut the corn off the cob,
let the cob dry and then have the cob in our habitat for a day or two to
gnaw on? Would it hurt us? Sometimes we eat corn on the cob as often as once
a week  Well when you are looking for a special way to entertain the humans,
we recommend you get them to buy you a corn on the cob! Wheeeks!