[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT-PIGGY WIGGY

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Wed Mar 3 14:57:09 EST 2004

Hi Jess-
We're glad to hear that Piggy Wiggy is doing better.  Sorry the bath time
didn't
go well (you know, they say pigs can't jump, but just tell that to CocoPuff
and
Piggy Wiggy!).  Probably it was the hugeness and strangeness of it. Maybe if
he had a friend or two in with him . . . you could have gotten in with him!
As for outside, I would be very, very cautious.  In fact, my vet said 'keep
them
indoors'.  Assuming the weather is perfect for pigs, make sure you have a
pig-tight fence, and I would even have a harness and lead on him, and at
least one helper - just in case. Maybe a fence around the fence.  And at
least one safe place for him to get into - if he's terrified how can he
enjoy
it?  Also, if he did get loose, he'd go for the nearest hidey spot.
I carry mine outside sometimes, and if I have a harness on them (they
hate those things!), I might set them down on the ground for a minute or
two.  But they are so scared they just freeze and won't move a muscle.
(except
for the one time when CP suddenly darted toward some flower bushes, hit the
end of the lead, flipped, jumped OUT of the harness, and I caught him in
mid-air, just before he disappeared into the bush. It scared me so bad I was
shaking and in tears as I took him back inside.  Maybe this year we'll try
it again.
Be careful, but have fun,
Susi and the OP's