[Gpdd] Health--Potter is having surgery

Debbie Ganley debg43 at ij.net
Thu Mar 4 00:32:13 EST 2004

Thanks to Michelle Melaragno's emails to me last nite, Potter's surgery is cancelled, pending a search for an exotic vet in my area.  She brought a lot of issues to my attention, which lead me to believe my vet was wrong in recommending the double surgery of a tumor removal & spaying at the same time.  Gps are fragile  creatures & can't take all that stress on their little systems. I've heard from other parents since then who agree with her, & I'm grateful to Michelle for bringing this to my attention before I did something I'd regret later--my vet isn't as cavy-savy as I'd originally thought, he  didn't know where Potter's breasts were & recommended spaying her along with taking out a "breast tumor" when it wasn't really  in the right spot.  Could be just a cyst or tumor in another place.

I would appreciate anyone in the Palm Harbor--Tarpon Springs--Clearwater area of Florida letting me know if they have an exotic vet who they trust--I've been on the phone all day long trying to find one with no success.  I don;'t want to let Potter;'s problem go on much longer--she's my baby girl & I need to get her lump resolved very soon!  Thanks--deb & Potter