[Gpdd] behavior: parents and pigs

schumann at bellsouth.net schumann at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 4 13:14:46 EST 2004

I just want to let Lauren and Leah know that parents can change their attitudes towards our lovely guinea pigs.

My parents were not thrilled when I got my girls even though I'm all grown up (41) and moved out.  They are elderly and I visit often to help them out.  After getting used to the idea, they now ask how "the girls" are doing each time we talk.  I take them to my parents house when I go for a weekend and they have a special place for their cage.  I've caught my dad making baby noises at them and my mom likes to pick special treats for them out of the yard.

I hope that your parents will one day be as understanding as mine are about my sweet pigs.  (Yes, sing those last 3 words to the tune of "My Sweet Lord.")

Jan
Mom to Tribble and Lokai