[Gpdd] Announcement

Vanessa vbatcules at cogeco.ca
Fri Mar 5 00:26:07 EST 2004

Hi All
Just wanted to introduce my two new  piggies-Bert and Ernie.  They were
rescues from the Humane Society--someone had dropped them off on a street in
a box :-(
It broke my heart to think of someone doing that to them, so...home they
came with us!  Skittles was her 'prima donna' self of course and paid them
little attention at first, and when she got to meet the boys in person, she
got a bit scared and ran away.  She is friendlier now (after a month)--she
still won't play, but she sits near them in her cage and 'watches'. Ernie is
a short-haired sweetie with a half brown, half cream face and a combination
of brown, cream and tan fur, and Bert can be Skittles brother, a brownish
Abby.  Question: I'm taking Bert in to see the vet tomorrow as he is very
thin (I can feel his back bone and ribs) I was hoping he'd 'plump up' since
he's been here, but no luck.  I've watched him eat and he does not eat like
the other two- that is, they 'inhale their food', (dad slave calls them
'chippers, as in wood chippers) but Bert seems to 'rip' pieces of food off
and eat slowly.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be wrong?  He's
very alert and playful, drinks well.  I'm really worried about him...if
anyone can forward any ideas at all, I'd be very grateful.
Thanks to all

Vanessa
 mom-slave to Skittles (the tyrant princess), Bert and Ernie (and the cats,
who are taking the new guinea pig population explosion in stride!)