[Gpdd] [RESCUE] <Over 75 gpigs need homes in Tampa Bay, FL area>

HENRY GRADY mitz009 at msn.com
Sat Mar 6 00:06:29 EST 2004

Hi,

I found the posting below while looking on the web.  I did email Dana Hakes at her site tonight and then realized you might know more.  (I did call the Pinellas HS and leave a message, but they neither returned my call or emailed me with any information.)  Do you know if these guinea pigs are still up for adoption?  We are interested in a baby[s].  Thank you for your assistance,  Michele Grady

Sandra Park sppark at tampabay.rr.com <mailto:Gpdd at gpdd.org?Subject=[Gpdd] [RESCUE] <Over 75 gpigs need homes in Tampa Bay, FL area>&In-Reply-To=>
Sat Oct 11 21:30:13 EDT 2003

  a.. Previous message: [Gpdd] [Silly?] More piglets for the Poo Trail <http://electra.hmdnsgroup.com/pipermail/gpdd_gpdd.org/2003-October/000296.html>
  b.. Next message: [Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Jumping Pigs <http://electra.hmdnsgroup.com/pipermail/gpdd_gpdd.org/2003-October/000306.html>
  c.. Messages sorted by: [ date ]<http://electra.hmdnsgroup.com/pipermail/gpdd_gpdd.org/2003-October/datehtml#304> [ thread ]<http://electra.hmdnsgroup.com/pipermail/gpdd_gpdd.org/2003-October/thread.html#304> [ subject ]<http://electra.hmdnsgroup.com/pipermail/gpdd_gpdd.org/2003-October/subject.html#304> [ author ]<http://electra.hmdnsgroup.com/pipermail/gpdd_gpdd.org/2003-October/author.html#304>

A private preschool in Pinellas County, Florida, with an animal program
for its students kept guinea pigs, males and females, in an outdoor
enclosure and allowed them to breed.  There are now 75 guinea pigs but
that number is expected to climb (up to 150), as many of the females are
pregnant.  The Humane Society of Pinellas has stepped in and has gotten
the school to agree to eliminate the guinea pig program by the end of
the year.  The males and females have been separated, examined by a
reputable vet, and the boys are being neutered.  The Humane Society of
Pinellas is taking on the enormous task of finding homes for the guinea
pigs but needs help.   If you are interested in adopting a guinea pig,
please contact the Humane Society of Pinellas, 3040 State Road 590,
Clearwater, FL  33759, tel. no. 727-797-7722.  If you are experienced
with cavies and are interested in fostering or finding other ways to
help this rescue effort, contact Dana Hakes at www.tampabayhrs.org .