[Gpdd] care: housing, my two cents

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Mon Mar 8 17:44:06 EST 2004

Hi Linda-
We should have a tidy sum by the time we all add our two cents!
You hit the nail on the head when you called it an obsession!
My kids are threatening to have me committed! (I tell them that's
fine, as long as I can take my piggies with me!)
Just wondering how much others get into decorating their piggies'
homes for various occasions?  We of course keep the party hats
at the ready (and, if the hat drops, we party!), but we just took down
the Mardi Gras decorations to replace them with St Patrick's Day
stuff (they love it best - clovers everywhere!).  (before that, of course,
we did Valentine's Day and Christmas)
And of course, in honor of March, we are flying kites!  They keep a
watchful eye on the kites, lest they suddenly swoop down and grab
them (or their food) I guess, but I think they enjoy them.  I just
cut kite shapes from colorful paper, made a little wooden cross on
the back I cut from craft sticks, then fastened it all together by a
wire that acts as the kite string.  I've fastened them to the sides of
the cage and they stand up nicely, bobbing a bit now and then. The
tails are made from the little paper twist ties (from the loads of
produce we now consume!), cut at intervals and twisted to look like
the bows on the kite tails. It's hard to describe, but they really look
neat.  Again, I'm still trying to corner the kids with the digital camera.
Hey - go fly a kite!
Susi and the OP's