[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT Welcome Harry T

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Mon Mar 8 18:03:00 EST 2004

Hi Julie-
Welcome to GPDD!  The more the merrier!  That may help Harry, too.
How old is Harry?  Maybe if he had a friend who is with him all the
time, someone to confide in and lean on, he might be calmer.
Do you have him in a stressful environment, or is the ride to the
vet stressful or noisy?  Sometimes things we are used to and take
in stride might be very upsetting to a piggy.  I know mine are fine
until there is some sudden, unexpected noise or movement, and
then they magically disappear!
Yesterday they were down for playtime, enjoying their buffet.  As I
looked their way, I noticed Snowy coming around the corner of a
'box house' in their direction. Apparently she caught the boys off
guard (or maybe it was something she said to them!), but they
vamoosed in an explosive rush! LW didn't even take time to go
around the dish - he went right over the top, scattering lettuce and
carrots and all everywhere!  Of course, when something like that
happens, I can't help but laugh - loudly and suddenly, which just
startles them all the more!  Soon they creep back out, glaring at
me as if it was all my fault! But when there's food involved, it doesn't
take them long to recover!
We're glad you're with us - maybe Harry just needs some therapy, and
I know we have one or two piggie counselors on-site.  (Guys?)
Piggie hugs all around,
Susi and the Okie Piggies
Snowy, CocoPuff and Lil' Whistle
  ~remembering Primoz at the Bridge