[Gpdd] [HEALTH] blind guinea pig

MannyBsPizza at aol.com MannyBsPizza at aol.com
Tue Mar 9 18:00:30 EST 2004

My guinea pig is about 4 months old.  She's always had some difficulty
finding her food.  She'd walk all around her cage until she literally walked into
it.  We never thought anything of it though.

A few weeks ago, my husband noticed that she hides her face.  She also gets
very upset if we hold her against us with her head to the left.  We've
concluded that she's blind in her left eye, because she does whatever it takes to turn
her head so her "good eye" is exposed.

Has anyone else experienced this or can you give me advice on how to make her
life easier?  Nothing traumatic has ever happened to her since we have her.

Thanks,

Heather