[Gpdd] Health: all ok

Glenda Gabriel GlendaG at sovhealth.co.za
Wed Mar 10 09:29:30 EST 2004

Hi everyone

It's me again.....the lurker from South Africa.  I finally found a vet (he's far away but I don't mind).  He's not exactly an exotics vet but he has treated guinea pigs before.  I went to the vet armed with my Guinealynx info and my info from Peter Gurney ready to take my Gizmo and run and I was more than pleasantly surprised.  He did everything that a Good vet should do when checking Gp's.  He also consults with an exotics vet on certain cases which really put him in my favour and he was as concerned with Gizmo as I was.  He gave Giz an Ivomec injection (never before have I heard a squeal like that!!!) and a tea tree oil shampoo because we weren't sure if he had mites or an allergy.  Is it normal for Guinea Pigs to just lay there after the injection?  Gizmo gave everyone such a fright because we thought he had crossed the bridge.  He didn't move for 3 hours after the injection (even offering him a cucumber didn't help :his favourite) and when i picked him up, he looked at me as if to say, "How could you do this to me???" But he's back to his old self and he's eating more than usual.(he's a fussy pig). The vet says he's in perfect health which made me very happy because he says that I'm doing everything right for my angels.  I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who responded to me and gave me advice.  It really made a difference so thanks alot.

Loads of wheeks to everyone

Glenda and the three little pigs (Gizmo, Gidget and Autumn)

  _____

*** Everything in this e-mail and attachments relating to the official business of Sovereign Health, a division of Medscheme Holdings (Pty) Ltd (Reg. Number 1970/015014/07) is proprietary to the company. It is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. Sovereign Health does not own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being that of Sovereign Health. The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender immediately if it has unintentionally reached you and do not read, disclose or use the content in any way. Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of information and data transmitted electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, no liability or responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for whatever reason, corrupted or does not reach its intended destination.