[Gpdd] Misc: Ramps & cuddle cups

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Wed Mar 10 21:04:29 EST 2004

Hi Piggies and People,
       On the question of cuddle cups being used used as potties, it
definitely can happen. Around here it a sometimes thing. Mr. Cooders is the best at
not using his as a "facility," but he does push his around a lot. He folds a
side down and stretches out on it as tho it's a recliner. At other times he noses
the sides back up and climbs in for a snooze.
       In the other cage (Wilson and Ebeneezer) things don't stay quite so
neat.
       My solution was to buy flannel baby "lap pads" -- you can find them in
garage sales and thrift stores if you're lucky, or on eBay. Keep a lookout
for low prices.
       I generally put a clean one in the cuddle cups once a day tho
"Cooders" can often go several days without his needing to be changed. I routinely
wash the cuddle cups weekly but think at this point that may not be necessary.
Sometimes the other two little guys keep theirs dry for a couple of days. (The
poohs I just shake out. Going to have a wonderful lilac bush this spring. Even
better than last spring and both years all thanks go to the piggies!)

       On to sadder topics: I was so sorry to read of the loss of Flathead
and Meeper. It's a wonderful place on the other side of the bridge, but we
grieve the passing of your little guys along with you. Yet they will live in your
hearts until you meet again.

Alge